Saturday, April 26, 2008

Guttering for Attention

Who knew gutters could be so exciting?  You should have seen me when the gutter guy showed up.  You'd think I had just won the sweepstakes.  John just shook his head and laughed, You really enjoy this, don't you?".  Well, yes I do, in fact.   I promptly grabbed the camera and ran outside.






This truck pulls up, gets into position, and starts pumping out aluminum in the shape of gutters for our house.  It starts as a flat roll in the truck, and then rolls through a press or bender to be shaped accurately for the length of the roof span.  



The gutters look fantastic on the house don't you think?


All shiny and new.  I hardly recognize that that is OUR HOUSE in the photo!


I loved watching the gutters go up, all with new downspouts.  We are currently searching for soda or juice bottling companies in the Boston area to get used barrels to be made into rain barrels.  I know we can purchase them, and have located some nice ones for $65 each, but free sounds so much better!  Supposedly, with heavy rains, the barrels can fill pretty quickly, so you want to get several and 'tie' them together.  Not having to run the hose during the summer for the garden sounds pretty good to me, though I'm sure the kids will be disappointed about fewer water fights at watering time!

I love our new roof.  It's looking great.

No comments: