Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Job Well Done

The roof is completed!  We have a brand new, absolutely smashing, charcoal-colored roof!  It is truly a sight to behold.  I know I am biased, but this really is lovely.  (It's a roof...Jill).  I know - just  roof to you, but a world of safety for us.  No more drip drop on our heads, no more worries about rotting roof boards or animals getting in to roost.  We're done with that for now.



Here's the back - much better (and neater) don't you think?  You didn't think that was all OUR mess before...did you??  Actually, during the roofing, a big dumpster took up a large part of the driveway, and we were able to toss a few eyesores in.




If you look real close in the photo below, you will see one of our feathered friends trying desperately to get in the roof where they had a nest.  I feel bad forcing them to find other real estate, but you know - the rent's going up here, and they need to move on!  

The flowers are starting to bloom in our neighborhood.  May is almost here, and I couldn't be happier with our roof (I can go on and on about it).  However, it is time to move on ourselves to our next project.  This one will be part landscaping, part weatherizing.  You see, we can't make up our minds about how to do our windows in the living room, but we know we need them done.  And the front walkway is cracked to pieces from the past winters, and needs replacement.  I will keep you posted on what gets the next dibs.   


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, a roof! I LOVE to see a loved house and know how much money and planning that goes into it.

I love to work in the garden, so we should talk about ideas and ideas for getting cheap plants!